Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)Can I join if I'm an individual? As long as you are a trade contractor, you can join guildshare.com and post yourself in the system. Do you offer a free trial? Yes. After you register and confirm your email address, click the "Free Trial" button. Click here for more information about our free trial. Does it cost me a credit to book another company’s resources? No. Credits are only charged to the "lending" party. When do credits expire? Plan credits expire in 90 days. Purchased credits expire in a year. Bonus credits (issued for referrals and other special offers) never expire as long as you keep your membership in good standing. Does Guildshare handle payments for booked resources? No. We do not get involved in your business finances or in-between you and the other party. Once a booking is confirmed and the job is complete, you are responsible for arranging payment terms and getting paid. You can rate contractors who book your resources based on their time to pay, ease of dealing with them, etc. What if I disagree with how a company has rated me? You can tell us about it. Our decision as to how to manage the issue will be based on the particular situation - and we may take action or not. How do I contact Guildshare? Click here to contact us. How do I change my membership? Once logged in, you can change our cancel your membership by navigating to the "Account" section, "plan/payment" and click the "change plan" link. Why do you charge both a membership fee and credits? We have structured guildshare.com the way we feel is is the fairest and offers the best value as compared with alternatives. In other industries providers charge a percentage of the transaction, insist on managing payments, and charge bigger up-front membership fees. We think our way is better:
- We want to provide maximum flexibility and value to our members. So, we charge a nominal membership fee - and then a very small fee in the form of a credit - but only when guildshare.com provides direct value to you.
- We want to protect our members. We want to make sure that all of our members are trade contractors. Therefore, only people willing to pay for membership can join. Other sites are full of spammers and scammers. That fact that there is a fee keeps out most of the spammers and scammers.
- We include a number of credits in each membership plan so that members can complete bookings in the system without paying anything additional. When you need additional credits to complete more bookings, you can purchase them. If you need additional credits, it means Guildshare is providing value to you above and beyond the membership fee.
- When a resource is booked, we only charge a credit to the lending contractor - or the contractor who will get some revenue from the transaction. The borrower doesn't pay anything additional.
- Members can post any number of tradesmen in guildshare.com without additional charges - this maximizes the size of the network, and attracts more "buyers".
- Beyond booking, we don't get in-between you and the other party - no additional fees - and completing the booking is only a single credit regardless of the dollar value of the transaction.